In the pursuit of a healthy and fulfilling life, the role of a balanced…
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Calories – Our Favorite Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Tender, Pickle-Brined Grilled Chicken Breast with Zesty Slaw and Flavors – So Delicious!
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
A plain grilled chicken breast might sound dull, but when you marinate it and add a variety of flavors and textures, you’ve got yourself a winning recipe. This combination of pickle-brined chicken breast, zesty slaw, and spicy mayo is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend indulgence. Plus, it’s packed with protein. If you’re a fan of great sandwiches, don’t miss out on trying my pulled pork, air-fried chicken sandwich, avocado and tomato grilled chicken sandwich, and air-fried shrimp sandwich.
- Chicken Breast: Four boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Grilled Chicken Marinade: You only need pickle brine!
- Grilled Chicken Seasoning: Garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper
- Slaw: Finely chopped red and green cabbage, shredded carrots, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, red wine vinegar
- Spicy Mayo: Sriracha, mayonnaise
- Pickles: Add pickle chips to each sandwich.
- Bread: I prefer whole wheat potato rolls for my chicken sandwich, but any whole wheat bun or roll will work.
How to Make the Grilled Chicken Sandwich:
- Marinate the Chicken: Remove the thick ends of the chicken breast halves to make them an even size so they cook evenly. Marinate the chicken in pickle brine and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Sriracha and Mayo Mix: Combine Sriracha and mayonnaise to make the spicy mayo.
- Slaw: In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, salt, and Dijon. Toss in the cabbage and carrots. Cover and chill until you’re ready to assemble the sandwiches.
- Grill the Chicken: Preheat the grill to high and then reduce it to medium. Combine the seasoning ingredients. Remove the chicken breasts from the pickle brine and rub them with the spice mixture. Grill until the chicken reaches 165°F in the thickest part of the breast, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Assemble the Sandwich: Spread the spicy mayo on both sides of the rolls. Layer each with chicken and pickle chips.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Calories:
Now, let’s talk about the Grilled Chicken Sandwich Calories. The Grilled Chicken Sandwich Calories count can vary depending on the size of your chicken breast, the type of bread you use, and the amount of mayo and pickles you add. On average, a grilled chicken sandwich like this can range from 350 to 450 calories. Keep in mind that these numbers Grilled Chicken Sandwich Calories are estimates, so it’s always a good idea to check nutrition labels or use a calorie-tracking app for precise information if you’re watching your calorie intake.
What to Serve with the Grilled Chicken Sandwich:
Serve this easy grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries, macaroni salad, coleslaw [recipe], or corn salad for some lighter options.
Storing the Grilled Chicken Sandwich:
Grilled chicken can be refrigerated for up to four days. Store the sandwich components separately and assemble just before eating for the best results. If you prefer a warm sandwich, you can toast the bread and reheat the chicken in the microwave.
Toppings for Chicken Sandwich:
Toppings take this grilled chicken sandwich from basic to amazing. I added spicy mayo, pickles, and coleslaw, but feel free to get creative with your favorite toppings!
Enjoy your delicious grilled chicken sandwich with friends and family. It’s a delightful treat that’s sure to please everyone!
RELATED MUST VISIT ARTICLES